Career Exploration Week
This five-day youth vocational research program at Helen Keller Services for the Blind consists of interactive programming aimed at helping students with low vision aged 10 to 14 develop an enthusiastic attitude toward the working world.
The week is structured with one day of exploring personal career interests, followed by four days of interactive field trips to cutting-edge companies.
During the program, students will have the opportunity to:
- Explore personal career interests by taking a career interest inventory
- Practice interacting with peers in a professional and engaging manner
- Learn important information about companies they will be visiting during the week
- Meet with professionals and learn about their paths to success
- Learn about different career possibilities, and the steps they can take to start working towards these careers in the future
Students leave the program having been motivated by company staff, through learning about their successful paths to employment.
Check out some of our favorite moments from 2018’s Career Exploration Week below!