Job Title: Transportation Coordinator
Responsible for assuring that all vehicles are maintained and in good operating condition.
Assures that vehicles are ready to go out on their morning/afternoon runs each day and that adequate staff, including a driver and matron(where applicable) are available.
This position covers all Agency vehicles, including the IRA, Day Habilitation Program, and Without Walls program.
Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, and must possess good judgment, a basic automotive knowledge, be able to work independently and have a working knowledge of MS Office Suite 2010 and GPS systems and mapping software such as MapQuest, Google Maps, etc.
A clean, valid NYS Driver License is mandatory and familiarity with Nassau/Suffolk/Queens/Brooklyn county roadways is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assures that the vehicles are ready to go out on their runs each morning/afternoon.
- Assures that staff assigned to drive the vehicles and the matrons (where applicable) are present.
- Arranges for coverage in the event that a driver or matron is absent.
- Acts as a substitute driver/matron, as necessary.
- Maintains the vehicle maintenance logs and communicates information to the Day Habilitation Manager, IRA Manager, and the Chief Facilities Officer.
- Fill out and complete weekly work orders distributed by Chief Facilities officer.
- Keep records and files on individual vans in HKS fleet.
- Maintains routine maintenance schedule, including vehicle inspection, oil changes, etc.
- Schedules routine maintenance and vehicle repair.
- Takes the vehicles to the service station for maintenance/repair
- Maintains DMV documents(ie registrations)
- Maintains insurance documents
- Applies for and keeps account of Handicapped Parking Permits and State Park parking passes
- Determines new consumer transportation services including route, pick up and drop off times.
- Instructs drivers regarding route.
- Communicates with residential facilities regarding schedule, accidents, etc.
- Completes incident/accident reports for any vehicle accident and communicates such to the Director of Facilities Management.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Trains staff on vehicle use and goes on road test with new employees.
- Assist in the day habilitation program as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Valid NYS Driver License and proof of a good driving record.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite 2010, GPS systems and related mapping software such as MapQuest, Google Maps, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This job requires a minimum of a high school diploma. College is preferred.
A clean and valid NY State driver license is mandatory.
Automotive knowledge and ability of basic mechanical / maintenance repairs.