Job Title: Social Worker (Long Island)
Department: Rehab Services
Location: Long Island (Ronkonkoma/Hempstead)
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKS team as a full-time Social Worker in Long Island covering our two locations in Hempstead and Ronkonkoma, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the execution of HKSB’s Mission, goals and objectives by providing casework services to any HKSB clients on Long Island that would benefit from Social Casework. The social worker maintains positive communication with clients, their family members, outside social service agencies, NYSCB staff and HKSB employees. They must demonstrate a sincere commitment to HKSB’s Mission and Values and conduct him/herself at a high professional level at all times and project a positive image of HKSB internally and externally.
Specifically responsible for:
- Provide all necessary Casework services (Assessments, Level 1 and Level 2 counseling) as deemed appropriate for clients.
- Completing all necessary Casework paperwork in a timely fashion, computer work, telephone calls, outside paperwork and referrals, CIS system work, etc., as required by all VR clients.
- Providing outreach services as necessary to advocate for clients.
- Scheduling and maintaining client appointments.
- Coordinating client services with NYSCB staff, outside social service agencies and other HKSB instructors.
- Assisting in achieving department contract goals.
- Facilitating social work support groups.
- Excellent attention to detail regarding session notes and report submission.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Clinical supervision is provided. Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor and/or the HKSB President & CEO.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Social Work required. Licensed as an LMSW in the State of New York required. Exhibits a polished, professional presence both internally and externally and acts in a manner that is consistent with HKSB’s Code of Conduct at all times.