Social Media Intern
Description: Helen Keller Services for the blind, a non-profit organization providing services to individuals who have vision and/or hearing loss is looking for a social media intern for the Summer of 2018. We are looking for someone who is creative, driven, organized, and possesses great communication skills. The social media intern will be working with our marketing team to help create new content and engage with our audience across our various social media channels.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and publishing content across our social media platforms using Hootsuite, an integrated social media management program.
- Researching techniques to gain new followers and Interacting with current fans and followers to encourage positive conversation.
- Monitoring analytics and coordinating with the marketing team to identify viable new social media campaign ideas.
- Monitoring trending topics and hashtags to insert Helen Keller Services into conversations, even when we do not have content for these stories.
- Curating positive and informative content from across the web to share across our social media channels.
- Assisting with taking photos and videos of events or programs within our agency and working with the marketing specialist to prepare them for posting.
- Knowledge of major social media networks, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Understanding of how to create and publish content and interact with followers across different social media channels.
- Proficiency with Windows based computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong creative writing skills
- Graphic design and photography skills are a plus, but not required.
- With your application, send links to your social media profiles and submit a writing sample.