SAT Preparation instructor- Part Time
The SAT Prep Instructors will support the development of high school students by providing SAT instructions. Preparatory testing services for high school juniors and seniors who are legally blind. In addition to SAT prep courses, this program will offer 9th and 10th grade transition programming, including workshops, that will equip students with the skills needed to succeed in high school and provide a framework for the road to college.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide SAT Instruction to students in all test subjects
- Develop strategies to optimize test taking skills for students involved in SAT Prep programming
- Delivery of SAT/ACT content and strategies to class of 10 - 15 students
- Provide individual instruction to students as needed in SAT subject material
- Develop strategies to optimize test taking skills for students
- Differentiating lessons for learners of various abilities
- Data analysis of formative and summative assessments
- Identify individualized skills and weaknesses, creating individualized plans for students which will guide them to success
- Plan and facilitate lessons
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- ACT or SAT scores in 80th percentile or higher on diagnostic test in content areas
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to teach all SAT subjects (English, Reading, Math)
- Previous experience in classroom SAT instruction
- Ability to engage, motivate, and lead students
- Teaching certifications are a plus
HKS follows all CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19. PPEs provided and temperature checks daily. Workspace sufficiently spacious and protected.