180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn
Established in 1893, Helen Keller Services mission is to enable individuals who are blind or have vision loss to live, work and thrive in their communities of choice. We are a pioneer in the field of blindness rehabilitation and education and now we are expanding into services for preschool children on the Autistic Spectrum. Serving children from birth to age 5, the Children’s Learning Center is the only center in New York City that specializes in serving children who are visually impaired, blind and/or have multiple disabilities and now we are opening classrooms for children on the Spectrum.
This is an exciting time to join our team here at Helen Keller Services. We have opened a new school that we designed from the ground up. The new classrooms are large and well furnished with lots of adaptive toys and equipment. The classrooms have 8 children, 1 teacher and 2 assistant teachers in them. The teaching staff is encouraged to be creative in their lesson planning and learning materials are plentiful. We are centrally located at 180 Livingston Street which is accessible by the B, D, F, A, C, N, Q, R, 2, 3, 4, and 5 trains. This is a full-time staff position with full benefits including a 403B retirement plan and a tuition reimbursement program. We follow the New York City Department of Education calendar plus a 6-week summer session.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the team as a full-time Project Manager. The Project Manager provides executive support to the HKS President & CEO and Chief of Staff performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. The Project Manager must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and have the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Project Manager will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide professional and managerial expertise for the Office of the President, including overseeing complex events/meetings and projects.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; answering phones; responding to messages from both internal/external inquiries; intercepting important emails; responding to emails on behalf of the President & CEO.
- Assist the Chief of Staff with organization-wide strategic projects and board meeting activity.
- Organize, implement and maintain a contract database as directed by the Chief of Staff, including all contract specificity, timelines, progress and results.
- Assist Chief of Staff to implement program metrics, data analysis that meet organization goals and creating high-level reports such as a scorecard.
- Research and prepare reports and presentations to summarize data analysis, interpret findings and inform planning and decision-making for the organization.
- Attend meetings and prepare informational briefs and summaries.
- Review, initiate appropriate action and respond to incoming communications.
- Exercise discretion concerning highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Assists, as necessary, with projects/errands as requested.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
College degree strongly preferred or an equivalent of education plus experience in an office environment. Minimum five years related experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a non-profit organization. Proven interpersonal skills with experience providing complex administrative support in high-profile environment with organization, tact and diplomacy. Must have the ability to deal with all levels of personnel in a courteous, professional and efficient manner and exercise discretion on confidential matters.
Demonstrated commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis and have the ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure. Must be upbeat, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Experience with project management tools is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org