Project Director Field Expansion
Helen Keller Services enables individuals who are blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind or have combined hearing and vision loss to live, work and thrive in the communities of their choice. Since 1893, Helen Keller Services (HKS) has been committed to improving the lives of individuals who are blind, visually impaired or have combined hearing and vision loss.
HKS is comprised of Helen Keller Services for the Blind (HKSB), a regional division serving the New York City/Long Island area, and the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youth and Adults (HKNC), a national division headquartered in Sands Point, New York, with a network of regional offices that extends HKS’ reach across the United States. Our instructors provide personalized training and guidance to each of our clients.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity to join the team as a Project Director: Field Expansion. The Project Director: Field Expansion works collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Director of Field Services, and Regional Representatives in the overall management and supervision of Deaf-Blind Specialists. Focus areas include training, outreach, interagency collaboration and CARF implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Plan and oversee direct services in the field, provided by Deaf-Blind Specialists, with regional representatives to ensure compliance with contract and standards of CARF are implemented.
- Oversee state community rehabilitation program (CRP)/vendor contracts with HKNC – liaison with the regional representative, state vocational rehabilitation/blind services agency, and HKNC regarding renewal, processes, compliance and monitoring of outcomes.
- Works with DBS to prepare for accreditation and ensures CARF standards are consistently implemented
- Recruit, and maintain Deaf-Blind Specialists, and be the national point of contact;
- Liaison with HKNC direct services, National Employment and Business Relations Specialist, Deaf-Blind Immersion Experience, senior adult specialists, vocational services and NY’s Community Services Program;
- Provide guidance to regional representatives to ensure cost-efficient and accountable DBS work schedules, individualized plans for training objectives and outcomes, and payment for 1:1 services;
- Establish and monitor Deaf-Blind Specialist’s reporting of outcomes into HKNC’s database, FileMaker Pro in collaboration with Field Services Admin assistant
- Review/approve “fee for services” billing invoices, including travel and reimbursement. Liaison with HKNC accounting department for processing billing from all states
- Work jointly with Director of Field Services in incorporating DBS capacity building into Long Range Service Plans for evaluation, measurement and outcome reporting, including GPRA;
- Assist HKNC Senior Leadership team in prioritizing HKNC national advocacy and training initiatives based on local capacity building trends, consumer and family priorities/preferences:
- Plan and execute professional development training for Deaf-Blind Specialists, jointly with IRPD and Regional Representatives
- Develop and implement national marketing plan for Deaf-Blind Specialist services
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as directed by Supervisor and/or Administration.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Master’s degree in vocational rehabilitation counseling, or a closely related field required.
A minimum of ten years of full-time work experience with individuals who are deaf-blind, significant disabilities, state vocational rehabilitation agencies. Minimum of 5 (5) years of supervisory experience.