The mission of the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults is to enable each person who is deaf-blind to live and work in his or her community of choice. Authorized by an Act of Congress in 1967, HKNC is the only organization of its kind—providing training and resources exclusively to people age 16 and over who have combined vision and hearing loss. Students travel from across the country to our headquarters in Sands Point, New York, for on-campus training in assistive technology, vocational services, orientation and mobility, communication and independent living, and our regional offices bring HKNC resources to communities throughout the United States. Employment at HKNC is a "one-of-a-kind" experience and at HKNC, we seek employees who have a strong work ethic, strive for excellence, enjoy a challenge, and are highly motivated and creative.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKNC team as a Marketing Specialist. The Marketing Specialist will coordinate and manage all creative content for the agency and its divisions, including but not limited to general agency communication, social media, public relations, community outreach, fundraising/revenue generation initiatives, and donor communications. The Marketing Specialist will translate the HKS’ story and mission into content which will spark interest and ignite passion for the work HKS does to a variety of audiences including foundations, individual donors and community stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include, but are not limited to:
Creation/Management of Print and Digital Collateral
· Collateral includes but is not limited to: Brochures, reports, newsletters, leaflets, program flyers, invitations/save-the-dates, postcards/mailers, slide decks, etc.
· Coordinating print orders with the agency’s printing vendor or local print shops if orders are high priority.
· Ensuring print collateral is designed and formatted to be uploaded/shared online.
Social Media Content Creation/Management
· Utilizing Hootsuite, an integrated social media platform to post content to the agency’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. profiles, as well as posting content unsupported by Hootsuite (such as multiple image galleries or videos) through each respective social network platform.
· Ensuring content is accessible by adding detailed image descriptions and alt text when applicable
· Monitoring the metrics of social media posts and interacting with the agency’s audience through social media, such as answering messages and replying to comments.
· Utilizing Raiser’s Edge, a database management tool to create e-mail campaigns related to general agency communication, events, or fundraising efforts.
· Monitoring each e-mail campaign’s metrics and using the data to further develop campaigns.
· Adding or modifying content on the agency’s using Drupal, a content management system (CMS).
· Ensuring content added or modified is accessible (Using the proper styles for headings, paragraphs and adding image descriptions to images or graphics).
Photography and Videography
· Capturing photos and videos of agency-wide events.
· Cataloging photographs taken by outside photographers for major events.
· Uploading photos to social media when applicable, including creating Instagram carousel posts.
· Editing videos when necessary, ensuring accessibility by adding closed captions and uploading to YouTube or Vimeo.
Miscellaneous Marketing Tasks
· Coordinating with agency staff and placing orders for promotional products on a per-need basis.
· Designing content to be displayed on large screens inside the agency’s Brooklyn headquarters.
· Working with the agency’s Public Relations representative to deliver timely content for news coverages/press releases.
· Creating/updating identification badges
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design, Graphic Design, Marketing or a related field is required. 2-3 years of “in-house” marketing/graphic design experience required. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Must have strong writing (copywriting) skills, must be a self-starter who can complete tasks and deliver work in a timely fashion, must be a team player who enjoys working collaboratively to solve complex marketing challenges. Knowledge of ADA accessible design is highly preferred.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org