Human Resources Generalist
We currently have an exciting career opportunity to join the Human Resources team as a Human Resources Generalist. This position is based in Sands Point, NY. This position requires travel on an as needed basis to various HKS site locations including Brooklyn, NY and locations on Long Island (Ronkonkoma, Hempstead). The Human Resources Generalist will provide support to the Chief HR Officer in various functional areas of human resources to include, but is not limited to, training and onboarding, corporate compliance, multi state employment compliance, policy implementation, HRIS maintenance and metrics and data management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain national compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying new and existing legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to HR/Payroll requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Administers various HR policies and procedures for all organizational personnel including HR training policies and procedures.
- Conducts and coordinates agency wide training including annual corporate compliance training, anti-harassment training, new hire orientation and various HR training initiatives. Prepares and updates training presentations and materials. Maintains annual training schedule.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles statistical reports as needed.
- Participates in all Safety Programs including all related meetings, committees and annual trainings and compiles required reporting as needed.
- Administer employee leave of absence programs including short-term disability, workers compensation claims and paid family leave claims. Coordinates with the employee and payroll on procedure.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation and upkeep of the employee handbook, organizational charts and assist in the development of new policies.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an accredited college or university is required. Minimum of 2-3 years of general HR experience required. Prior experience with multi-state compliance strongly preferred. Strong working knowledge in Human Resources Information Technology systems required [knowledge of ADP Workforce now a plus].
Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).