Human Resource Representative
The mission of the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults is to enable each person who is deaf-blind to live and work in his or her community of choice. Authorized by an Act of Congress in 1967, HKNC is the only organization of its kind—providing training and resources exclusively to people age 16 and over who have combined vision and hearing loss. Students travel from across the country to our headquarters in Sands Point, New York, for on-campus training in assistive technology, vocational services, orientation and mobility, communication and independent living, and our regional offices bring HKNC resources to communities throughout the United States. Employment at HKNC is a "one-of-a-kind" experience and at HKNC, we seek employees who have a strong work ethic, strive for excellence, enjoy a challenge, and are highly motivated and creative.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKNC team as a Human Resource Representative. The HR Representative will provide support to various functional areas of human resources to include, but is not limited to recruitment, new hire on-boarding, employee relations, policy development and administration and local and state compliance. This position has financial, compliance and risk management accountability for programs and departments within the defined span of control. Must demonstrate a sincere commitment to HKS’s Mission and Values and conduct him/herself at a high professional level at all times and project a positive image of HKS internally and externally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the development and execution of function/program within his/her span of control in accordance with HKS’ Mission and Strategic Objectives.
Specifically, responsible for:
· Under the direction of the CHRO, manage all daily organizational and administrative aspects of HR;
· Perform the routine recruitment function for open positions including job postings, interviewing applicants and conducting background/reference checks;
· Assist with onboarding and orientation for new hires;
· Assist with implementation of self service functions within the ADP system;
· Run routine reports in the ADP/HRIS system to maintain compliance of data;
· Assist with administration of the HKS Pension Plan including preparing pension paperwork, requesting calculations, preparing directives for payment, all under the supervision of the CHRO;
· Handle routine employee questions or concerns related to HR policies, procedures, processes;
· Assist with administration of HR Recognition programs;
· Maintain all employee files to ensure compliance;
· Monitor annual performance management reminders to ensure compliance;
· Monitor annual physical and PPD requirements and ensure compliance for DOH and OPWDD;
· Assist with filing, faxing, auditing HR files, records and legal documentation (I-9, E-verify compliance)
· Assist with administration of in-house training and other organizational programs;
· Assign online training courses and follow up for completion;
· Ensures employee licenses/certifications are up to date through regular audits
· Work on special projects as assigned by the CHRO
· Travel to support to other HKS Sites as necessary (Brooklyn, Hempstead, Islandia)
Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor and/or the HKS President & CEO.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited college or university. Minimum two to three years’ human resource experience. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS systems. Must be extremely detail oriented, highly organized, customer service orientated, technically savvy, motivated, and willing to pitch in when needed. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Prior ADP experience strongly preferred.
To Apply: send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org