Full-Time Second Cook
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join our staff as a Full-Time Second Cook. This position is located in Sands Point, NY.
The Cook prepares and serves meals to students, staff and guests in the Residence Facility. The Second Cook is the lead cook who begins food service for the day, instructs relief cooks of food items needed, or any special events or coffee carts needed at the Helen Keller National Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Begins prep of breakfast items and any special diets for breakfast or lunch.
- Directs relief cooks as they begin their day as to what food items or jobs need to be completed for lunch and dinner service.
- Documents any menu changes, logs temperatures of walk in and freezer.Informs dietary manager of any equipment problems or if need to reorder items as needed.
- Supervises students assigned to work experience as requested by the Food Services Manager.
- Assumes responsibility as assigned by the Food Services Manager in his/her absence.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of any and all equipment used during food preparation.
- Responsible for the collection of moneys for all meal served, from staff, visitors and appropriate students.
- Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor and /or HKNC Administration.
Qualifications and Skills
High School Diploma required or equivalent (if equivalent preferably from a school providing instruction in cooking. Food Handler’s Training Course Certification (Board of Health) preferred. 2 years’ full time experience as a cook in an institutional or commercial facility required. Experience in all aspects of a kitchen.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements via email to email@example.com or, to:
Via Fax: (516) 767-2302
Interviews are by appointment only. Only those candidates qualified for current open positions will be contacted for an interview.