Employment Training Specialist
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKNC team as an Employment Training Specialist.
The Employment Training Specialist’s primary function is to provide information to consumers as to work skills and appropriate work behaviors under the guidance of the Coordinator of Vocational Services. Specific duties include:
- Act as a job coach; assist supervisors/employers with consumer training
- Make job modifications when necessary to allow deaf-blind consumers to perform job successfully.
- Maintain quality control of consumer’s work.
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure necessary support services during work experience training.
- Functions as a role model for work behavior.
- Provide feedback and support to students regarding progress and problem solving on the job.
- Provide regular opportunities for dialogue with consumer about work progress related to job performance, appropriate dress socialization at the work site and problem solving.
Qualifications Include: Bachelor's degree in Special Ed. or in education of deaf-blind, blind, deaf, or developmentally disabled individuals; related degree or equivalent experience. One year of experience in work with deaf-blind, blind, deaf, or developmentally disabled individuals required or experience with sheltered workshops, supported employment or vocational training programs with disabled individuals. Knowledge of sign language preferred.