Coordinator of OPWDD Waiver Services
Open Position: Coordinator of OPWDD Waiver Services
Department: OPWDD Service
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Since 1893, Helen Keller Services (HKS) has been committed to improving the lives of individuals who are blind, visually impaired or have combined hearing and vision loss. HKS is comprised of Helen Keller Services for the Blind, a regional division serving the New York City/Long Island area, and the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youth and Adults, a national division headquartered in Sands Point, New York, with a network of regional offices that extends HKS’ reach across the United States.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKS team as a Coordinator of OPWDD Waiver Services in Ronkonkoma, NY. The Coordinator of OPWDD Waiver Services is responsible for the execution of HKSB’s Mission, goals and objectives through the operation of OPWDD Waiver Services for developmentally disabled consumers residing in Nassau, Suffolk, Kings and Queens counties. This program is housed in the Ronkonkoma Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operating the OPWDD Waiver Services (Community Habilitation, Respite, Pathways, SEMP, and “Without Walls” Programs, herein after referred to as “OPWDD Waiver Services) in compliance with all OPWDD and Medicaid regulations.
- Ensuring that all OPWDD Waiver Service plans are individualized and current.
- Ensuring accurate billing and billing documentation.
- Conduct, schedule and document new staff training and orientation as well as annual trainings.
- Conduct regular staff and clinical meetings.
- Complete staff performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Participate in OPWDD audits and to develop the Plans of Correction.
- Conduct required Committee meetings where applicable (Infection Control, Incident Review, Human Rights, etc.).
- Coordinate all phases of transportation with the Transportation Coordinator.
- Conduct outreach and intake for potential new referrals.
- Ensure staff maintains required licensure and credentials.
- Ensure required annual and semiannual consumer meetings are conducted and all required parties notified.
- Participate in internal QA activities.
- Chair Incident Review Committee, enter incidents into the OPWDD IRMA system and conduct/oversee investigations as warranted.
- Partner with Human Resources department to recruit and hire waiver staff in accordance with Agency policy.
- Act as liaison to outside collaterals including CAB representatives, Medicaid Service Coordinators and residential providers.
- Work cooperatively/effectively with HKS administrators/HKSB & Program personnel.
- Ensure provision of nursing services.
- Maintain physical plant in accordance with OPWDD regulations. Arrange for necessary repairs.
- Maintain supply inventory.
- Responsible for other duties as may be assigned or requested by his/her immediate supervisor and/or the HKSB President & CEO.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human services field or field of education. A knowledge of all OPWDD regulations and a minimum of 5 years of supervisory and/ or administrative experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A valid NY State driver’s license. Certification as a SCIP-R instructor preferred.