Administrative Assistant – National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Open Position: Administrative Assistant – National Deaf Blind Equipment Distribution Program
Department: California Technology Department
Location: Berkeley, CA 94703
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Coordinator of National Outreach Adaptive Technology Training Program as required to meet the NDBEDP program requirements and standards set by the FCC and HKNC. May accompany and serve as guide and/or SSP in the community for Coordinator of National Outreach Adaptive Technology Training Program as needed. Specific responsibilities are but are not limited to:
- Assists with Intake process for consumers seeking services from the NDBEDP
- Maintains a database of trainers for states of Florida and Iowa; Enters information including all service requests and billing into KLAS database.
- Processes invoices ensuring they accurately reflect logs ,rates and work performed and receipts are itemized for trainers, interpreters, and SSPs.
- Enters information including all service requests and billing into KLAS database.
- Provides Coordinator of National Outreach Adaptive Technology Training Program with sighted assistance when working with computers and related equipment.
- Prepares shipment of equipment; Assists with researching available models of adaptive and computer equipment.
- Coordinates itinerary; makes contacts with consumers and assist with Intake process and program eligibility for consumers.
- Assists with development of professional training materials; Provides support with special projects including PowerPoint Presentations at outreach events and Technology Seminars.
- Sets appointments for in-state contractors/ trainers, interpreters and SSPs consumers.
- Estimates costs for out of state services prior to scheduling to assist Coordinator with monitoring budget and maintaining expenses
- Assists with contacts, designated people and responds to e-mail including customer needs, concerns, complaints.
- Participates in department, scheduled inter-departmental team, general staff and staff development meetings.
- Assists with general administrative duties, including filing, tracking orders, etc.
- Performs all related duties as assigned by the Coordinator of National Outreach Adaptive Technology Training Program and/or Administration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Special Education, Adaptive Technology or related field required. Must have a minimum one year of experience working with deaf and/or deaf-blind individuals. Knowledge of personal computers, hardware components, general software applications, current technology is strongly preferred. Knowledge of adaptive equipment for visually impaired learners preferred. Knowledge of Braille and other methods of communication utilized by individuals who are deaf-blind preferred. Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet. ASL skills required.