Activity Planner Assistant
Job Title: Activity Planner Assistant
Department: Health and Wellness Program
Reports To: Social Worker and Coordinator of ALP Services
Prepared By: Charnora Simon, Coordinator of ALP Services
Liz Sergi, Social Work Supervisor
Since 1893, Helen Keller Services (HKS) has been committed to improving the lives of individuals who are blind, visually impaired or have combined hearing and vision loss. HKS serves the New York City/Long Island area from its new headquarters in dynamic downtown Brooklyn and the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youth and Adults of Sands Point, New York, which has a network of regional offices that extends HKS’ reach across the United States.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKS team as a part-time Activity Planner Assistant in easily accessible (multiple subway lines nearby) Brooklyn, NY. The activity planner assistant helps develop plans and implement activities, outings and events for the Health and Wellness program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement wellness related activities such as health screenings, field trips, workshops, and seminars
- Report to alternate locations in Brooklyn on days clients have scheduled activities
- Motivate clients to set and reach health goals
- Maintain health and wellness related schedules, records or reports
- Conduct surveys to determine interest in, or satisfaction with, health and wellness programs, events, or services
- Maintain a calendar of events and remind clients of upcoming events
- Establishing relationships with other outreach programs and contacts
- Special projects as assigned
- Ability to travel as needed to other locations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalency with proficient computer skills. Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations preferred. Experience working with people with disabilities a plus.