Open Position: Accounting Clerk
Location: Sands Point
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for general accounting clerk functions within the Accounting Department. Specific duties include:
- Remote and bank deposit processing; prepare deposit slips, Post Daily Cash Receipts, reconcile reports with supporting documentation
- Process wire transfers and ACH payments
- Record Development /Special Event Fundraising Revenue Transactions
- Run monthly departmental budget vs. actual reports /financial statement reports/general ledger reports for departmental distribution
- Prepare Positive Pay worksheet and upload to bank
- Track incidental money on student accounts; update client allowance records.
- Reconciliation of petty cash including funding of account.
- Maintain Student Fund accounts including reconciliation and maintenance of accounts. Assist students with transactions from their accounts.
- Perform administrative duties for the department.
- Assist with year-end audit fieldwork, annual financial statements and audit supplemental materials.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with ongoing projects, update processes and new system implementations.
- Willing to perform payroll back up duties as needed (training will be provided).
- Perform related duties, as directed by the Accounting Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in Accounting from two-year college required; 1 (one) to two (2) years’ experience in the Accounting field required. Prior payroll and billing experience strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office Suite word processing software including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software; Knowledge of ADP payroll processing a plus.