Placement Specialist - Los Angeles, CA
The mission of the Helen Keller National Center for Deaf-Blind Youths and Adults is to enable each person who is deaf-blind to live and work in his or her community of choice. Authorized by an Act of Congress in 1967, HKNC is the only organization of its kind—providing training and resources exclusively to people age 16 and over who have combined vision and hearing loss. Students travel from across the country to our headquarters in Sands Point, New York, for on-campus training in assistive technology, vocational services, orientation and mobility, communication and independent living, and our regional offices bring HKNC resources to communities throughout the United States. Employment at HKNC is a "one-of-a-kind" experience and at HKNC, we seek employees who have a strong work ethic, strive for excellence, enjoy a challenge, and are highly motivated and creative.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity available to join the HKNC team as a Placement Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. The Placement Specialist for the Community Services Program supports Deaf-blind consumers in their job search by providing vocational assessment, counseling, and job placement services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts vocational assessments in collaboration with Employment Training Specialist and Community Services Program–San Diego/Los Angeles Coordinator.
- Performs situational assessments to identify consumers’ current level of employability or as part of short-term trial work experience.
- Provides training classes in Work Readiness (Personal, Vocational, Social adjustment) for small groups of consumers or one on one in conjunction with Employment Training Specialist.
- Provides vocational rehabilitation counseling to consumers to ensure personal, familial, residential, behavioral, and medical needs are being met so that greater vocational success can be achieved.
- Contacts and consults with potential employers regarding the development of substantial jobs for qualified deaf/blind workers in collaboration with the National Business Relations Specialist.
- Actively engages in employment preparation, job development and employment retention with consumers based on their vocational goals and interests.
- Obtains employment interviews and assists consumers at the interview, if needed in collaboration with the National Business Relations Specialist.
- Provides job coaching services and works collaboratively with Employment Training Specialists.
- Provides in-service training to potential employers, co-workers, and support service providers in regard to the consumers skills, potential, and support needs. Such training can be applied to competitive, sheltered, or supported employment situations.
- Provide follow-up services for the employer and consumer in order to achieve a long-term and successful placement
- Maintains necessary documentation regarding consumer progress, communicates regularly with Community Services Program colleagues, and completes required reports in a timely fashion
- Required: extensive local travel throughout the San Diego and Los Angeles service areas. Meeting all job duties and responsibilities will require use of personal vehicle.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling, Guidance or related field preferred. Two years of experience working with Deaf-blind, deaf, or blind in employment services. Fluency in American Sign Language is preferred or candidate must become proficient within two years of employment. Strong computer skills including MS Word and Outlook required.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org